Booyah! I’m officially done with finals, now that I have finished my last short answer comparing love in Henry Howard’s poetry to John Donne’s. I’m still stuck here until Thursday, however, since my World Literature professor is an adjunct so he’s never on campus other than his scheduled days and we have to turn in a paper copy to him + write a small reflection about the class. So I need to fill my time with things to do.
Currently lined up in my “Ways to Kill Time” Category are:
1. Watching last night’s episode of Once Upon a Time. I’ve already read most of the spoilers about ‘The Heart is a Lonely Hunter’ (why yes, I am one of those children who reads the last chapter before the rest of the book- unless its a Pratchett) so I’m really excited to actually watch that episode.
2. Turn in all my books from the semester, donate the ones that I can’t sell back and re-rent my Latin textbook for next semester.
3. Watch 2-3 more episodes of Kimi ni Todoke (which will turn into some crazy marathon of me watching 10 episodes in a row without stopping to eat, sleep, or use the bathroom, but hey I can say I at least dreamed of making limits for myself)
4. STAY AWAY FROM MY BOYFRIEND SO HE CAN GET HIS STUDYING DONE and not try to get him to watch movies with me, hang out with me, etc. (Which I will fail at. But this is proof that I tried)
5. Go see The Muppets Movie with my friend Daniel
6. Clean my room, clean out my binders, pack for Winter Break, figure out my work schedule for the next couple weeks via my coworker Sam
7. Write poetry. Which is hard for me to just write poetry unless something awesome happens or I’m divinely inspired by my angel-Muse, so it would be wonderful if you guys would think up some fun little prompts for me to write about. I promise that, if you give me a prompt, I will post said poem on this blog.
And now off to lunch with the lovey and then to the gym for the love-handles….
EDIT: Whoo hoo! I broke 100 views! Super lame thing to get excited about, I know, but it’s a milestone right? I can justify having an extra cupcake from the cafeteria because of this right? Right.
EDIT2: Got a rejection letter from the Colorado Review. Now I REALLY don’t feel bad about taking that second dessert…