2014 is out the door and 2015 is in. The holidays have been a bit of a mess for me here, being as I’ve been fairly sick since Christmas. But seeing as my cold is on it’s last legs, it’s time to think about resolutions for this year.
I did passably well on last years resolutions. I definitely didn’t keep to my ‘blogging twice a month’ schedule as planned, but I did up my blogging considerably. I did become more active on my social media sites, though I could have done even better. I didn’t attend a single open mic, which is probably my biggest resolution failure. I’m doing well with my Irish Gaelic lessons, so that was a success (will even be visiting my little brother in Galway, Ireland this year as he studies abroad!). I did well with self-care, becoming less stressed, losing fifteen pounds of my thirty pound weight loss goal, and I definitely reviewed more poetry collections and read a ton more (according to Goodreads, I read 52 poetry and religious books in the past year).
So for my 2015 resolutions:
1) Blog twice a month here on Amber in the Moment. Do better with scheduling myself (this should translate into blogging once a week what with my other blog, if I blog there twice a month also).
2) Get better at advertising myself through all mediums- public appearances, social media, involvement with the community as a whole….
3) Lose the rest of my weight! I’m halfway there!
4) Get back to a regular submission schedule, both with full collections and single pieces.
5) Beat my record of last year’s Goodreads reading challenge and read more than 60 poetry collections and religious works in this next year. If you happen to have any review copies of your own work that you’d like to donate to that cause, I’d be more than happy to read and review them.
6) Start saving to get my own place in the next three years.
What are your top resolutions? How did you do with last years?